Tuesday 15 September 2009

ahhhhhhhhh summer!

We are having a late summer heat this week and I'm loving all the sunshine and blue skies! I'm not ready for winter just yet. I know some people have had enough of the summer heat but those are probably the same people that don't have -40 temps and winters that last sometimes 7 months...LOL!
I really wanted to make a cheerful summery card using the Mojo 104 sketch.
After diggin' through my drawers I found this fun Imaginisce dp. I stamped the butterfly in real red and that was it. Quick and simple!
Stamps: Fluttering By; Cardstock: White, Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Imaginsce dp; Inks: Real Red; Accessories: Circle nesties, White brads, Dimensionals
Thanks for stopping by today!

15 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty Dawn, like a breathe of fresh air.

jjcreations said...

Very cheery card Dawn - and our weather has been great hasn't it!!!! I love the daisies on the background paper and your circular layers.

jjcreations said...

Very cheery card Dawn - and our weather has been great hasn't it!!!! I love the daisies on the background paper and your circular layers.

Kelly Schelske said...

Fun colors, great card Dawn!

Anonymous said...

This is adorable... I have this same paper and thanks for the inspiration I had no idea what to do with this? awsome card! Love the red butterfly!

Renée said...

I'm totally lovin' this summer warmth too :) Cute card, Dawn. Love the fun and bright feel!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

What a fabulous card! Love it!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh AWESOME card, Dawn! The colors are VERY fresh and summery!! :)

Jody Morrow said...

Super cute card! It's so bright and refreshing!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally cute!!

Lynda Benden said...

This is darling Dawn!!! I won't tell you that it was 85 here today because it might make you feel bad!!! LOLOL!!! Get ready for the snow!!!

TannyP said...

Gorgeous! I love these colors - awesome card, Dawn!!

Joan Ervin said...

Super sweet, Dawn...love the paper and that red butterfly is gorgeous!!! I'm afraid I'm one of those perple that can't wait for some cooler weather...however, you can keep your -40!!!!

diane zechman said...

very simple but sooo cute!

Rose Ann said...

Your butterfly is so beautiful, Dawn!! Wonderful card for the sketch!!