Saturday 12 July 2008

Our Creative Corner Inspiration Challenge

Good Saturday Morning!
Well yesterday my Mom left and has gone to spend her last couple of days with my sister and her family before heading home. It's so strange to not have her around. I'll miss seeing her but know that we will continue to talk several times a week. Thanks for the great visit Mom!
Today is another Our Creative Corner Challenge. This week we have an inspiration piece brought to us by Jennifer Meyer. Scroll down to see the picture of it.
Now if you know me, you know that inspiration pieces are always difficult for me....lol
When I saw the picture I jotted down a few things...
Banana, Cream, Apricot, Scallops, Tulips, Flowers, Red Gingham
Now the red gingham has been up for discussion with the girls...some see it...some don't...right Cindy? LOL! I see it on the chair cushions although it may be hard to see here.
Funny thing is that I hunted for my red gingham, found it and then forgot to use it...haha!
Stamps: Just Like You; Cardstock: Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, WW, Apricot Appeal DP; Inks: Black, Celery, Apricot, Banana; Accessories: Circle Nesties, Small Corner Rounder Punch, PTI ribbon, Martha butterfly punch, Dew Drops, Dimensionals
Here is the inspiration piece. Pretty eh?
Be sure to check out all the other girls creations at the OCC!
If you decide to play along and upload to SCS please put the OCCC in the keywords so we can easily find your wonderful creations!

Thanks for stopping by today!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

A gorgeous card Dawn! Love the colours and the layout. Hop over to my blog - I have a surprise for you. I enjoy visiting your blog and will be adding you to my fav blogroll soon. Have a great weekend, Maria

Sarah Gough said...

This is SO gorgeous Dawn, I love it!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

so, so lovely , dawn !!!!!!great colors and very nice inspiration
tfs:
chat

Libby Hickson said...

Gorgeous card, love the butterfly & the dew drops. Red gingham?? Not seeing it... :-)

corinnesomerville said...

What a perfect card !!! It reminds me exactly of the inspiration piece !! Wow, girlie....you did a fabulous job !!!

Have a great day...stay cool !

Denise Marzec said...

You did a beautiful job with the inspiration piece. I love the softness of your card, I think you captured the colors to a tee, and the stripes mirror the vertical spindles in the chairs. Gorgeous!

Shelly said...

Gorgeous Dawn, you make inspiration challenges look easy!

Anonymous said...

Pastels are always so hard I think, but you rocked it!! Fabulous interpretation in every detail!

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow beautiful, you have pick up the elements of the photo so well, love it.

Michelle Tech said...

Wow, this is so beautiful and elegant!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Dawn, LOVE the fresh design and gorgeous colors, they really pop.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Jennifer Love said...

This is just gorgeous...I love all the colors you used!

And I DO see a gingham...but is it red gingham or another color? :D

Nancy Riley said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous! Dawn, you've done a fabulous interpretation of the inspiration piece? What do you MEAN ... you have a hard time with inspiration challenges?????? It's AMAZING!!! I just love the soft colors, the scallops, the ribbon ... everything!

Diane Gilbert said...

Beautiful card Dawn! Love the soft colors, and yes I see the red gingham too!

Ida said...

How soft and pretty! This is just lovely.

Renee said...

This is absolutely adorable! You did a wonderful job and I think this needs to be framed!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my...one of your best, I think!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Dawn! I love everything about it! From the ribbon to the dew drops to the scalloped circle! Fantastic job! :D

Rose Ann said...

It doesn't appear that you have any trouble at all with inspiration pieces!! Your card is sooo gorgeous, and a perfect match for that picture!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

wow, an awesome job on the challenge. You nailed that one perfect

Alex said...

Beautiful card for the inspiration piece Dawn - doesn't look like you have any trouble at all - LOL! This is gorgeous and a wonderful example!! I amy need to give this one a try too - smooches! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Deborah said...

Oh my Dawn! So pleasing to the eye! This card is beyond lovely! You nailed it! Take care, Deb

Angel said...

I love this, Dawn! Yours is my fave!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Dawn! The layout is fabulous - love the rounded corners on your layer and all the dimension! Very nice! :)

Deb said...

That is a fabulous source of inspiration, just love peaches and cream colour combination, beautiful card, love the layers and the gorgeous 3 d butterfly. Right I am off to browse some home magazines.....

Lynda Benden said...

Can I just say that this card is SO Beautiful!?!?!? Wow, you just nailed the colors for this challenge and your layout is fantastic!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty! Great take on the picture! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Wow, beautiful card Dawn!!

Allison said...

This card is gorgeous and you matched the colours perfectly!

Tanya said...

I love this card! I love the colors and the details and it is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card.. Perfect for the Inspiration piece. Love the dew drops.

Donna Baker said...

I can't tell you struggled with this, but I have steered clear of these challenges but I did this one. I will post this week. Your card is LOVELY

Christina Fischer said...

WOW, Dawn -- this is gorgeous! You totally captured the inspiration piece! Just a fabulous card!

Bethany Paull said...

It's so soft and pretty Dawn! I absolutely love it.

Kristine said...

WHOA!! Blow me down!! :) (oh sorry--too much Wiggles, lol) LOVE this color scheme--very clean and crisp card! :)

Charlene Austin said...

UBER cute!! Did you know Martha Stewart has another butterfly punch? It's more cutsie. A must have I think.