Wednesday 9 January 2008

Kickstand Cards

I'm running a little late this afternoon so I will just leave you with the three cards I made for today's SCS Sketch Challenge. You were to make Kickstand Cards. I've never done one before. I suppose it's sort of like a tent topper but you make your card the regular size and slice a bit off the bottom front.
This first card was made for Chloe! She LOVES monkeys and this is her DP that she picked out months ago!
I don't know if you can tell or not but I added a small amount of Cotton Candy Stickles to the flowers on the DP. This is one of my fave SU! stamps and papers!
I HAD to make a Hanna card! It's been a bit since I had her out...or from what I can remember anyway...lol
This DP was from a HUGE box that Brian brought home from Costco last fall. I don't know the name of it, sorry. The box has no writing on it anywhere. Obviously the label was only on the wrapper...hehe!
Hope everyone is having a great day! Sorry not much more time to chat!

20 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

WOW, Dawn! All three of these cards are truly amaazing! How do you do it EVERY SINGLE DAY?! So creative! My favorite ... Chloe's monkey card! Too cute!

Marlou McAlees said...

what beautiful cards, really love the pink one!! :)

Tracy.H said...

Great cards! I made one today too...they are fun. I will have to make a Hanna one now. I love your Hanna!! :0)

Alhambra Club said...

These are 3 fantastic cards, the papers and stamps go so well together. I love the monkey card.

Donna Baker said...

all your cards ae CUTE! I esp love the bg paper on your Hanna card!

Rhonda Kelly said...

Fabulous cards! I love them all. I have not heard of kickstand cards before, love the design of them. I will have to get those a try! TFS

Deborah said...

Great concept! I must give it a go! Beautiful display here! Deb

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards girlie .. BUT one question ARE you kidding ? I can spot glitter a mile away and OH it looks sooo yummy even saying it makes me smile with hunger pains :-) Great cards girlie ..
xoxox
Dawn griffith

Rose Ann said...

I love all three! The monkey card is just too cute! I love your pretty SU floral one, and those pretty colors! Hanna is looking real fine, and I love that paper! I've not tried one of these kick-stand cards before, and they look like fun. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Wow, all three are beautiful!!! I've never made a kickstand card...I should try it. Your beautiful pink card makes me want that stamp set!!!
Have a good day!

corinnesomerville said...

I love this layout !!!! Gonna have to try that one myself !!! Way to go...love them all (as usual) :)

Have a good one.
Corinne

Christina Fischer said...

THREE cards?!? You're killin' me! Each one is fantastic -- love the papers and embellishments you used!

Alli Miles said...

Look at you go girl! They are fantastic.

Deb said...

Fabulous cards, I haven't seen this design before! They are all beautiful, the monkey card is so fun and I adore how you attached the bunch of bananas, very inspiring!

Maria said...

Wow, great cards Dawn. I love how you used different shapes for each card and they are all so different.

Maria

Lori said...

These are awesome! Love Chloe's monkey one!

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic kick stand cards, I love them all, I'll have to give this a whirl!

Congratulations of being a guest designer for Paper Pretties, how exciting!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

All gorgeous kickstand cards! Love them!

Little C's Creations said...

these are too cute!!! love them all!!!

hugs,
Jen

Sew Club said...

All three are super duper cute!