Sunday 26 August 2007

Blog Challenge and Phonebooks

Yesterday late afternoon I got to start on some of these phonebooks while watching the Nascar race. They are super fun and easy! I can see me making a TON of these for Christmas gifts this year!!! Yah! Thanks Beate for the tutorial...it rocks! If anyone didn't see the tutorial you should check it out HERE!!!
For my covers I taped two pieces of the cardboard that comes on the bottom of our SU! pattern papers. You know, the white one...ya...worked great!!


This ducky card was made for Jen70's blog challenge. She wanted us to make a cutesy card and use a pattern ribbon on the card. I also did something I had seen Dawn Griffith do, and that was colour some of the cirlces on the cuttlebugged piece with my white gel pen. Thanks for that tip Dawn!
Jen's blog is Stamping Therapy. Be sure to check out her weekly challenges.
Supplies Used:
Stamps: Misc but I thinkt he duck is Inkadoo and the saying is an acrylic one
Cardstock: Only Orange, Yo Yo Yellow, WW and WatercolourPaper
Inks: Black Stazone, Only Orange and Watercolour Crayons
Accessories: Aqua Painter, Maize Grosgrain, Misc Ribbon, Small and Large Oval Punches, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder and White Gel Pen, Dimensionals

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAWN! Your books turned out gorgeous!!!! Wohoooo!
Your card is pretty too (although bright yellow is almost as much ignored in my house as purple. LOL. I have a very limited color range. LOL)

Alex said...

Wow! Dawn, those books rock!! I saw Beate's too and vowed to try one and now that I have seen yours, I HAVE to do one (or some- LOL!) That duck card is stinkin' cute - yep, Beate was appalled that I used purple yesterday *teehee* *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Those books are too cute! And I love that duckie card - and the white gel pen on the circles makes it more whimsical - cute cute.

Kathy said...

WOW! You have been busy. Great job on the books and I love the card.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...look at you! Those are fabulous books and what nice gifts they will make!

Alhambra Club said...

Wow, you were busy, these books are great, love your ducky card, he is too cute.

Rose Ann said...

Your phonebooks ROCK, Dawn!!! I love them, and all who receive them will as well! They're such wonderful gifts!!

Your duck card is so cute, and I love how you colored those circles in...Dawn G. style (*wink*)

Anonymous said...

These are just beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, those book are GREAT!!! I was thinking of getting a BIA but just had not done it yet, birthday is coming and all. I am thinking now that I want one so that I can make some of these cute books. I just love the duck card, so bright and cheery.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness....love the address books...I gotta make on of those this week!!! What a great idea.... giving them as Christmas presents!!

Christina Fischer said...

Man, you've been busy!! Your books are awesome!! I have been wanting to make some myself since I saw Beate's blog -- hopefully I'll get some time soon!!! Your ducky card is adorable -- you make yellow look good! :)

Risa said...

Hi Dawn!

I discovered you through Carla's blog. Girl....you have some beautiful cards over here! I'm glad that I took the opportunity to see *Dawn* (smile)
I'll will definately be back.
Malieta:)